Archive for averice
1. Today I am thankful that my pain is subsiding.
2. Today I am thankful that I have a good man who deals with my pain in a supporting, loving manner.
3. Today I am thankful that my chidlren are doing well.
4. Today I am thankful for the warmth of the summer.
5. Today I am thankful that my fever is subsiding.
I am the sin of grave covetousness
Bound to mine own self righteousness
Neglecting inner consciousness…
for all my mind craves to possess
I’m the root of imbalance in the land
As visioned pleasures I expand
Amid the poor and weakened man
To whom I dare not lend a hand…
Convincing self in false delight
that I deserve all in my plight…
What I consume is mine own right…
as daytime surely follows night…
The sad thing is I’m never filled,
as nothing ever quite fulfills
the hollow heart that slowly kills
my soul by short lived external thrills…
Hoarding more than I need
can’t quench the thirst of internal needs
with a starving soul and a heart that bleeds…
and decayed root bearing no fruit nor seed…
because one foolishly concedes
to me, (Who Am I – Click Below for Riddle Answer)